Senior Media Planner, Buyer, & Analyst
We are seeking a mid-career professional with an entrepreneurial mindset who is on the pulse of digital media strategy and traditional marketing experience. You catalyze audience engagement around social change, and take narrative and combine it with quantitative data to inform strategy and decision making. The ideal candidate likes collaborative work and is comfortable working in teams.
Oversees ads planning, buying, and strategy, from concept to budget forecasting, to optimizing based on analytics and advertising performance.
Remote with ability to visit LA every 6-8 weeks, as needed
Full-time; this position is exempt
$90,000 - $110,000*
Fit within Org
Contributes to the work of the Strategy and Data & Technology Department.
Reports to the Director of Agency Planning in the Strategy Department. o
*As part of Swell’s commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy as negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. The difference in compensation offered to candidates, within the range above, will be based on experience and track record of success.
2+ years relevant leadership experience, including 1+ years in agency, activism and/or change work.
Experience building marketing plans, digital strategies, audience analytics and optimization and presenting plans and findings.
Proficiency in social ad managers (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), Google ad products, programmatic display products, data visualization tools and comfort with large spreadsheets and amounts of data (e.g. Google Data Studio, Supermetrics etc.)
Experience as a member of a mission focused team.
Research & Analytics
Ability to analyze, and decipher quantitative and qualitative data.
Other Preferred Knowledge
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swell we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
~ 15% time
Swell is an award winning independent creative and marketing agency built for social justice. Since 2012, Swell has led the policy, development, messaging and organizing for housing and services for the unhoused, enacted a minimum wage increase across California, ensured better union contracts for service workers and created permanent funding solutions for water quality and sustainability. We seek to tame complexity, inspire people, and provide meaningful ways that everyday people can problem work to solve vexing generational problems.
Our Mission: To make the world a better place through creative marketing and strategic organizing.
Our Vision: Move people to measurable actions.
Who Works Here:
- People who find purpose in solving complex and critical social issues including homelessness, climate change, racial disparity, educational inequities, and immigration reform.
- We are truth tellers, policy peddlers, messaging magicians and cage rattlers and we like to work with other impatient optimists.
- Committed learners with a growth mindset.
- People with a desire to leave their mark, be held accountable, leave space for others, and stay hungry for more.
- People who take our work seriously, but don’t take themselves too seriously.
- Driven and creative problem solvers with high standards for excellence and impact.
- Folks with a passion for Swell’s vision and societal theory of change.
Who We Work For
Organizations who aren’t afraid to rattle some cages and make real change. Or those who need a little convincing that pushing boundaries is the only way forward. We aren’t here to help sell cars or razors or cereal. We’re selling a better future for our children and theirs.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Health benefits: After 60 days, we contribute $300 per month towards health coverage on a host of plans you can choose from or you can opt out of our plans and receive $150 per month. We do not cover dependents. We also cover 50% of dental and vision.
- Paid time off: Six sick/personal days and 10 days of vacation annually (vacation time increases by 2 days each year of employment)
- Winter holiday schedule: One week off between Christmas and New Years
- Summer Fridays (half-day every other Friday June-August)
- 401(K) Retirement Contribution: After 6 months of employment, Swell contributes 3% of your total compensation into the 401k plan.
- $40 per month home internet subsidy
- Hosted events like happy hours and holiday parties when it is safe to gather.